ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) — Flooding Tuesday night forced the closure of dozens of roads in Western North Carolina.
Three roads in Asheville have been closed because of high water:
- Azalea Road is closed from U.S. 70 to Swannanoa River Road
- Swannanoa River Road is closed from from Biltmore Avenue to South Tunnel Road
- Thompson Street
In the Fairview area, Whitaker Road is closed at the Garren Creek Road intersection. The Fairview Volunteer Fire Department said a large tree is down on Whitaker Road, and power is out in the Garren Creek area.
The Fairview Volunteer Fire Department is also reporting a small rock/mudslide on Cane Creek Road. One lane is partially blocked.
The Broad River Volunteer Fire and Rescue said Crooked Creek Road at the bridge near Highway 9 is closed because of flooding. Bear Track Road near the Rock Creek Road intersection is closed because of high water over the roadway.
- Azalea Avenue
- Halls Chapel Road
- Hannah Branch Road
- Colberts Creek Road
- Rock Creek Road
- Wyatt Town Road
- Kanuga Road at Erkwood Drive
- Greenville Highway from Fresh Market to Copper Penny Street
- Howard Gap at Jackson Jackson Road
- Ledbetter Road
- Butler Bridge Road
- Hog Rock Road at Chimney Rock Road
- Summer Road at Kerr Road
Authorities said Sugar Loaf and Mountain Road are down to one lane because of a mudslide. Gerton Highway and Possum Hollow have mudslides partially blocking them.
- Highway 64 both toward Chimney Rock and Edneyville (slides/trees/road damage); Roads flooded in Edneyville
- Gerton Highway at Possum Hollow (slide) and near Bearwallow Cemetery Road (slide) in Gerton.
- Middlefork Road (large slide) near Middlefork Baptist Church; numerous other slides partially or fully blocking road
- U.S. 176
- Warrior Drive between Baker and Meadowlark
- Holberts Cove Road from Coyote Lane to Bradley Falls
- Green River Cove Road
- levi Road at Woodland Drive
- Hunting Country at Carriage Row Road