On Tuesday, Governor Roy Cooper announced that North Carolina will take a modest step forward move into Phase 2.5 starting this Friday, September 4th at 5pm. Mask mandates and other prevention methods remain in effect and are even more important to contain the virus, Cooper said.
“Safer at Home Phase 2.5 continues our state’s dimmer switch approach to easing some restrictions,” said Governor Cooper. “We can do this safely only if we keep doing what we know works — wearing masks and social distancing. In fact, a new phase is exactly when we need to take this virus even more seriously.”
What does the Order change?
- Mass gathering limits will be increased to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
- Playgrounds will be allowed to open.
- Museums and aquariums can open at 50% capacity.
- Fitness and competitive physical activity facilities can open at 30% capacity.
- All employers in North Carolina are strongly encouraged to provide face coverings to their employees.