Macon County Emergency Services confirms, two Macon County EMS employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
The two employees have been isolated at home and are both doing well.
Since March, Macon County has implemented strong infection control standards in all county facilities to protect employees and citizens. These measures include:
- providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to employees who need it,
- limiting access to county building and congregate areas,
- implementing a health screening process for all employees, such as taking temperatures before work,
- assuring that employees who work in an office-based setting are maintaining social distancing measures,
- moving to appointment-based services and limiting walk-in services, and
- implementing teleworking agreements for some personnel to work from home (should their job allow).
Macon County Public Health is confident the risk of exposure for employees and citizens is minimal, and by implementing these measures, the county has been and will continue to provide services safely.